Whether you are Gluten-Free or Paleo or Not, this is a nice variation to the usual Banana Pancake. And this recipe is about as easy to make as you can get!!
These pancakes are a great way start to the day, providing plenty of protein without the carbs and they taste fantastic. Just ask my Mom, she loves how flavorful they are.
THE MINIMAL REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Start with a peeled banana, placing it on a plate and mashing it with a fork. Crack 2 eggs into a bowl and whisk them lightly and then add the mashed banana to the eggs and whisk a little more. After that, add the almond meal, the vanilla and the cinnamon to the banana mixture and whisk until combined.
Note: I get my almond meal from Trader Joe’s. It can be expensive at other stores, but at Joe’s it is more reasonably priced.
To get the pan ready for cooking, melt a little coconut oil or butter in the bottom. Then, add 1/4 of the pancake batter. You should be able to get 4 pancakes from this recipe. Be sure to cook the pancakes on medium-low heat, to keep them from burning, until the bottom of the cake is a light brown color. Flip over and cook until the other side is brown.
While waiting for the pancakes to cook, whisk the honey into the yogurt until combined to create the tangy, sweet topping. Top the pancake with a dollop of the honey yogurt, sprinkle with a little cinnamon and serve.
Bananas are a very rich source of potassium, which is important for helping control heart rate and blood pressure. I’ve read an increase in potassium intake along with a decrease in sodium intake is the most important dietary change that a person can make to reduce their risk of cardiovascular disease. Enjoy a Banana Anytime!
For easy stress-free shopping, find some of my favorite non-perishable recipe ingredients, including Organic Pure Vanilla Extract, in our Vitacost.com Healthy Living Shop or some of my “Featured Kitchen Favorites” in our Walmart.com Shop or try our Personal Care & Tea Shop. They contain links to online stores where I like to shop.
Flour-Free Banana Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 Medium Banana
- 2 Large Eggs, Room Temperature
- 3 Tablespoons Almond Meal (Almonds Only in the Ingredient List)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cinnamon (I Used Organic Ceylon Cinnamon)
- 1/2 Cup of Plain Greek Yogurt (No Additives Please)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Honey (Local is Always Best)
- Place the peeled banana on a plate and mash it with a fork.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk them lightly.
- Add the mashed banana to the eggs and whisk a little more.
- Add the almond meal, the vanilla and the cinnamon to the banana mixture and whisk until combined.
- Melt a little coconut oil or butter in a pan and add 1/4 of the pancake batter. This recipe makes 4 pancakes.
- Cook on medium-low heat until the bottom of the cake is a light brown color. Flip over and cook until the other side is brown.
- While waiting for the pancakes to cook, whisk the honey into the yogurt until combined to create the tangy, sweet topping.
- Top the pancake with a dollop of the honey yogurt, sprinkle with a little cinnamon and serve.