Smoothies are a quick and easy way to get more healthy foods into your diet with their focus on fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables.
This refreshing cantaloupe and banana version is especially satisfying and with the addition of yogurt and protein powder, it is a well-rounded wholesome beverage. The only sugar in the drink comes naturally from the fruit.
Cantaloupe is a member of the melon family and is much more nutritious than I realized. It is high in both vitamin C and vitamin A. It contains potassium and a variety of B vitamins as well as vitamin K, magnesium and fiber. I’ve learned not to minimize the health benefits of this fruit.
THE REFRESHING REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS!
I start by using a powerful blender, capable of blending firm or frozen fruits and vegetables and ice. First, add yogurt to the blender pitcher, then add one full scoop of your favorite protein powder and a little vanilla extract.
Next, slice the banana and chop some cantaloupe into chunks, and then add the banana and the cantaloupe to the blender. Squeeze a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice into the blender and add four cubes of ice. After that, blend until all the ingredients are combined and smooth.
Finally, pour the mixture into two glasses and generously sprinkle with some Ceylon cinnamon and serve with a straw. Enjoy this refreshing nutritious fruit smoothie for breakfast, a snack or anytime!
With its list of phytonutrients, cantaloupe offers a bounty of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
Cantaloupe and Banana Protein Rich Smoothie
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: No Cooking Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 Cup Plain Yogurt (Check for Probiotic Cultures and No Unnecessary Ingredients)
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder (I Use A Vanilla Grass-Fed Whey Protein Powder)
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract (Get the Best Quality You Can, No Additives)
- 1 Banana, Sliced
- 1 Cup Cantaloupe, Chopped (Cut Cantaloupe into Chunks)
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice, Fresh Squeezed
- Sprinkle of Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
- 4 Ice Cubes
- Use a powerful blender, capable of blending firm or frozen fruits and vegetables and ice.
- Add the yogurt to the blender pitcher.
- Add one full scoop of your favorite protein powder.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Slice the banana and chop some cantaloupe into chunks.
- Add the banana and the cantaloupe to the blender.
- Squeeze a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice from a small lemon.
- Add four cubes of ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses, generously sprinkle with cinnamon and serve with a straw. Enjoy!