This healthy and fresh parfait is perfect for a summer breakfast, but would also be great for an afternoon snack or a light dessert. And the crystal flute makes it a little fun too.
Here in the Pacific Northwest we’ve been having some unusually hot weather this summer. This cantaloupe parfait, with its cool and thirst quenching qualities as well as its generous nutrients is a wonderful choice for starting a warm day.
Or it would be the perfect treat to ask someone to prepare for you after unexpectedly experiencing emergency surgery. This is exactly what happened to me last weekend and once I got my appetite back, this just hit the spot.
THE FRESH COOL REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
First, whisk a teaspoon of local honey (or a little more if you like things sweeter) into a cup of plain organic yogurt. I prefer regular yogurt, not Greek, for this recipe. The Greek yogurt is a little too thick.
Next using a melon baller, scoop the cantaloupe into small balls or cut it into small pieces with a knife, measuring about one and a half cups.
Then layer the yogurt and cantaloupe balls and about one cup of fresh blackberries cut in half into two flute glasses and top each with a few raw walnuts.
The cantaloupe has even more beta-carotene content than oranges and is strong in its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients.
Cool Cantaloupe and Blackberry Yogurt Parfait
- 1 Cup Plain Organic Yogurt (Check the Ingredient List for Anything Unwanted)
- 1 1/2 Cup Cantaloupe (Scoop with a Melon Baller or Chopped into Small Pieces)
- 1 Cup Fresh Organic Blackberries (Cut in Half)
- 1/8 Cup Raw Walnuts
- 1 Teaspoon Honey (Good Quality Honey Is Best)
- Whisk the teaspoon of honey (use a little more if you like your yogurt sweeter) into the yogurt. I prefer regular yogurt, not Greek.
- Using a melon baller, scoop the cantaloupe into small balls or cut it into small pieces with a knife, measuring about one and a half cups.
- Layer the yogurt and cantaloupe balls and fresh blackberry halves into two tall narrow glasses.
- Top each with a few raw walnuts.
- Serve and enjoy.
DIANNA’S EASY REAL FOOD RECIPES – easyrealfoodrecipes.com