Trail mix can be a tasty satisfying snack and good for you if the ingredients are selected carefully. My simple standard recipe is 1 part Seeds, 1 part Nuts, 1 part Grains, 1 part Dried Fruit and 1 part something fun, just make sure the something fun is not too sugary. Dark chocolate works for me since it’s not overly sweet!
The boost of energy from the grains and dried fruit along with the protein and fats from the nuts and seeds will sustain you even on a crisp fall walk. Then some pumpkin pie spice offers a warmth that ties everything together perfectly with its fragrance and its many health benefits.
All the ingredients in this trail mix recipe were already conveniently in my pantry and freezer. Actually my homemade version has less salt, sugar and fat than the store-bought versions, and it’s less expensive and really tastes good!
THE SATISFYING REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS!
Making this trail mix recipe is simple. Just add some raw sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, raw pecans, whole grain shredded wheat biscuits, dark chocolate chunks and the pumpkin pie spice to a bowl and mix.
Keep mixing until the pumpkin pie spice is evenly distributed. Then store the mixture in glass containers. I divided the comforting combination between three small jars.
The small jars are perfect for carrying with you on a walk or on the go. I like to keep them in the fridge or freezer to keep the mix fresh until I’m ready to grab one and take off.
Pecans are full of nutrients and health benefits. They contain tons of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A and E, B vitamins, calcium, copper, folic acid, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and zinc. They are all great for energy and wellness.
Autumn Pumpkin Pie Spice, Cranberry and Pecan Trail Mix
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: No Cooking Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 Cup Shredded Wheat, Biscuits (Use 100% Whole Grain Cereal, Watch for Unwanted Additives and Sugar Levels)
- 1/2 Cup Raw Pecans (Ingredients Should be Raw Pecans Only)
- 1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries (Look for the Least Amount of Added Sugar and Other Unnecessary Ingredients)
- 1/4 Cup Raw Sunflower Seeds (No Salt Added)
- 1/3 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (I Use Good Quality Chocolate Chip Chunks, Watch the Added Sugar and Unwanted Ingredients)
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Pumpkin Pie Spice (Choose Good Quality Pumpkin Pie Spice with a Wonderful Fragrance)
- Add the raw sunflower seeds, the dried cranberries, the raw pecans, the whole grain shredded wheat biscuits, the dark chocolate chunks and the pumpkin pie spice to a bowl and mix.
- Keep mixing until the pumpkin pie spice is evenly distributed.
- Store the mixture in glass containers.
- Divide the comforting healthy combination between three small jars.
- The small jars are perfect for carrying with you on the go.
- Store the jars in the refrigerator or freezer to keep the mix fresh until you are ready to enjoy.