Grocery shopping can be extremely time-consuming and costly, so I’ve been getting more and more of my basic products online. Traveling from store to store, searching aisle after aisle, hunting for bargains, checking each item off my list, if I can find it, can be exhausting.
Today I want to share with you a source I love for my food and health related online shopping needs. Grab a cup of coffee, get comfortable and welcome to Vitacost.com! Their slogan, “Your journey to a healthier life starts here.”
Vitacost offers a great selection of products, great prices and fantastic customer service. For each item on your shopping list you can find ingredient and nutritional information too. Their website is easy to use and reliable, they often have great coupons and shipping is always free for orders over $49.00. I never have a problem qualifying for free shipping!
You can order online and manage your account right from the comfort of your own home, while getting great prices on great brands, saving money on gas and maybe even avoiding some of those impulse purchases. Create your “MyList” shopping list and each time you shop start there to be reminded of what you might need. It’s so simple!
Shopping online allows more time for cooking, relaxing and enjoying your time at home. I’m always so happy when I hear the doorbell ring and open the door to find my boxes from Vitacost.
I’m also excited to announce that I was recently accepted into Vitacost’s Affiliate Program. I’ve shopped with this company for many years and highly recommend them and that’s the only reason I would apply for their program. If you shop through my website, I will receive a small referral fee at no cost to you. Thank you!
My recipe for “Happy Trekking Trail Mix Oatmeal Cookies” below is an example of how almost every ingredient, except of course, the egg and the banana, comes from Vitacost. Find the ingredients in my Vitacost.com Healthy Living Shop. If you like what you see, simply sign in or create an account and you’re on your way.
Happy Trekking Trail Mix Oatmeal Cookies
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Yield: 20 Servings
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, Melted and Cooled (Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil)
- 1 Large Egg, Room Temperature
- 1/3 Cup Cane Sugar (Organic Evaporated Cane Juice Sugar)
- 1/2 Teaspoons Pure Almond Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1/4 Cup Banana, Mashed
- 1 Cup White Whole Wheat Flour (100% Whole Grain)
- 1 Cup Quick Cooking Rolled Oats (Quick Cooking Oats, Not Instant)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon (Organic Ceylon Cinnamon is My Favorite)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Trail Mix
- Heat your oven to 375℉.
- Get a large cookie sheet ready. I prefer baking directly on my non-stick cookie sheet, but you can use unbleached parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a glass batter bowl or regular glass bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- First, add the melted, cooled coconut oil and the egg and mix.
- Second, add the cane sugar, almond extract and honey and mix.
- Last, add the mashed banana and mix until all the ingredients are completely combined.
- I love to use my new-style rotary egg beater to mix the wet ingredients. It’s designed after the old-fashioned manual egg beater my Mom had in her kitchen when I was young, and works quickly and easily.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in another bowl.
- Add the white whole wheat flour, quick cooking oats, Ceylon cinnamon, sea salt, baking powder, baking soda and thoroughly combine.
- Chop the trail mix into medium-sized pieces, so you can get some crunchy chewiness in every bite.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients using a spatula or large spoon until combined.
- Fold the chopped trail mix into the mixture.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop and drop twenty cookies onto the cookie sheet and flatten them down a little with dampened fingers.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes and then let them cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. After that move them to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy alone or with a cold glass of milk!
This post contains affiliate advertising links, which means, at no extra cost to you, we will earn a referral fee to support our website if you click-through and purchase some of our favorite products.