The day after Thanksgiving I woke up thinking about the amazing sage and sausage dressing Hubby made for dinner the previous afternoon and wanted some for breakfast. So, how do you make it breakfast. You put an egg on it, right! And since it’s leftover Thanksgiving dinner, you put some leftover cranberry sauce on top of the egg. It was delicious!
Hubby always makes enough food for dinner, leftovers for us and our guests and then some. Thank goodness, because his dressing was extra special this year. He used plenty of sage, ground chicken breakfast sausage, onions, celery, bread cubes, butter and lots of broth. What’s not to love! It tastes even better the next day and along with the egg it makes a quick tasty breakfast. Just top it off with a little cranberry sauce to add some fruit to this balanced Easy Real Food Recipe.
THE PERFECT LEFTOVER INGREDIENTS
To begin, divide the sage dressing into four 1/4 cup servings and form into patties. Now add a little butter to a non-stick pan and heat to medium heat. Gently place the patties, one at a time, in the heated pan and brown on both sides, then place each on a plate.
Next, cook the eggs to your liking, over easy, over medium or over hard. Place a fried egg on top of each sage dressing patty and sprinkle with a little fresh cracked black pepper. Then top with two tablespoons of whole cranberry sauce, serve and enjoy!
Eggs are highly nutritious, with high quality protein that contains all the essential amino acids. They are filling and satisfying and some say eggs are nature’s perfect food, they contain some of almost every nutrient you need. Eggs contain B vitamins, including choline, an important nutrient, as well as phosphorus, selenium and the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin. They’re affordable, easy to prepare in a variety of ways and I love them!
For easy stress-free shopping, find some of my favorite non-perishable recipe ingredients, including Simply Organic Ground Sage, in our Vitacost.com Healthy Living Shop or some of my “Featured Kitchen Favorites” in our Walmart.com Shop or try our Personal Care & Tea Shop. They contain links to online stores where I like to shop.
Sage Dressing With a Fried Egg & Cranberry Sauce
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 Cup Leftover Turkey Dressing (Hubby’s Recipe Includes Plenty of Sage, Ground Chicken Breakfast Sausage, Onions, Celery, Bread Cubes, Butter and Lots of Broth)
- 4 Eggs, Room Temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, Unsalted
- 1/2 Cup Whole Cranberry Sauce, Organic (Make Your Own or Use Organic Canned With No Unwanted Additives)
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper to Taste
- To begin, divide the sage dressing into four 1/4 cup servings and form into patties.
- Add a little butter to a non-stick pan and heat to medium heat.
- Place the patties, one at a time, in the heated pan and brown on both sides, then place each on a plate.
- Cook each of the four eggs to your liking, over easy, over medium or over hard.
- Place a fried egg on top of each sage dressing patty.
- Sprinkle with a little fresh cracked black pepper.
- Then top with two tablespoons of cranberry sauce, serve and Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate advertising links, which means, at no extra cost to you, we will earn a referral fee to support our website if you click-through and purchase some of our favorite products.