We’ve always looked forward to leftovers after preparing a special holiday meal and Thanksgiving this year was no exception, well, except that it was just the two of us. Hubby and I decided to try something new and ended up “Air Frying” the fresh seasoned boneless turkey roast we purchased. With only the roast and seasoning, no added oil, the end result was flavorful and crispy.
We decided to add an air fryer to our kitchen appliances recently as part of our cleaner, healthier way of eating and were amazed at how tasty the turkey turned out. This was our first time using it and It was simple, just place the turkey roast in the crisper tray of the air fryer, select the desired settings and an hour and a half later we had a beautifully browned tender main dish for our meal.
My “Leftover Air Fried Turkey Dinner Bowl” consists of the turkey, of course, Hubby’s famous dressing, organic whole berry cranberry sauce, ferrous gluconate free pitted black olives and organic celery, from our crudité platter, served in a pasta bowl. It was as enjoyable as the original dinner, but so much easier. Yours can be whatever you have leftover.
We were also blessed with a beautiful hand-crafted Boule loaf of organic parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme bread dropped off by my niece and my nephew, who is an Artisan bread baker. There is a photo of the loaf in the gallery of photos below.
Hubby is the dressing chef in our household and this year he hit it out of the park. He used a whole wheat baguette torn into pieces, low sodium chicken broth, sage chicken sausage, organic celery, diced onion, quartered whole water chestnuts, organic spinach, mushrooms and organic seasonings including sage, poultry seasoning and black pepper.
I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, since last year our holidays were pretty dark between cancer and Mom’s passing. This year though, I take every opportunity to give God the glory for my remission status, because literally everyone told us there were no positive options for my future. When God delivers a miracle that cannot be denied, it changes you and you know it.
I’m also thankful that I am finally able to create the first Easy Real Food Recipes food post from my own kitchen in a very long time. One unbelievable bizarre event after the other for the last two years kept delaying this day. But, we are entering a new season and all the trauma and drama are behind us and we are moving forward with life. So, I just want to say, “Thank you God!”
Leftover Air Fried Turkey Dinner Bowl
- 3.5 Pound Fresh Seasoned Boneless Turkey Roast
- Select the “Air Fry” option on the oven.
- Unwrap the turkey roast and place it in the air fryer crisper tray.
- Set the temperature to 350° and slide the crisper tray in an upper slot, leaving room to place a baking pan below it for dripping.
- Press start on the oven and cook for 1.5 hours. The timer on my oven doesn’t start until the oven is pre-heated.
- After 1.5 hours use a meat thermometer to check the doneness according to the poultry temperature on the thermometer. Cook a little longer if necessary.
- Serve, then save leftovers for the “Leftover Air Fried Turkey Dinner Bowl.”
- Add some turkey and whatever sides are also leftover to a shallow bowl and Enjoy!
DIANNA’S EASY REAL FOOD RECIPES – easyrealfoodrecipes.com