Heart Seasons: A Journey of Miracles Second Edition

Heart Seasons: A Journey of Miracles

I’d like to share this recently updated and republished version of my novel Heart Seasons: A Journey of Miracles, Second Edition, which includes the latest episode on my journey in the Afterward section. I’ve written in depth on this blog about what I’ve experienced since receiving a dire cancer diagnosis and have now included it in my novel along with a new and refreshed version of the books cover.

Heart Seasons Second Edition Cover

Heart Seasons: A Journey of Miracles is a spiritual, inspirational fictional story based on real life events and it is my pleasure to share it with you!




Find out what HEART SEASONS is all about.

For anyone who has already purchased the First Edition of Heart Seasons, I’ve included the new Afterward section added to the Second Edition.


Author’s Personal Update

Lily’s fictional story, “A Journey of Miracles,” is inspired by real life events and has been guided by God’s whispers. “The Rainbow Revelation” is His plan for me to share the story of my journey. It has taken much longer and has been much more of a struggle than I imagined it would be on that day inspiration struck. However, I have been devoted to following the Lord’s steps for me and I didn’t give up until I finished telling the complete story.

+     +     +

When I wrote the above paragraph, I actually believed it was mostly the complete story, but that was not to be the case. I mean what other major events could possibly take place, right? Well, let me just tell you!

The year 2019 was one not to be believed. In fact, if I hadn’t lived through it, even I wouldn’t believe it! But here we go.

As Mom’s health continued to fail, she wanted to move to an assisted living home so she could get specialized care. Once that happened, my husband and I knew we needed to downsize to a smaller home ourselves, due to his medical issues. We decided a one level condo would be best for us and surprisingly, we found a new construction condo building with an elevator in an excellent location, which was perfect.

On January 4,2019 we listed our townhouse for sale as required by the builder to accept the offer we made on one of their units. Shockingly, our townhouse sold within 24 hours for full asking price and we thought that was great news. But, when we contacted the builder to verify our condo move in date, we were told there would be at least a two-month delay. It turned out to be longer and we were forced to move our belongings into a storage unit and live in a furnished apartment. After several weeks, we were finally able to take possession of our condo and we were very excited.

Then, on the second night living in our new home, in the middle of the night, we woke up to a massive four-alarm 100-foot-high fire very near our new condo building and we ended up running for our lives. Amazingly, only the outside of our building was severely damaged where other people in houses nearby lost everything they owned.

The worst thing that happened to us was we were forced to live in a hotel for over two months while repairs were made. Well, that and the trauma that comes with an event like this, we were scared to death. I also felt survivors’ guilt because as we were running out of our home, I saw the wind shift away from our building and that pushed the fire to other people’s homes and their homes were destroyed.

Once we moved back into the condo, we were busy taking care of Mom’s needs as her health continued to fail, as well as helping my youngest sister, my sister with the head injury. In addition, we learned my other sister was diagnosed with breast cancer and I went to medical appointments with her. All the while, we were trying to unpack our belongings and it took almost exactly two months to finish the very last box.

On August 2, 2019, by the end of the day, I announced to my husband that we were completely unpacked and the next day would be the beginning of living our new life. Unfortunately, when I woke up the next morning, I felt a severe pain in my abdomen. Two days later I was in the Emergency Room in our new neighborhood and by that night I was admitted to the hospital.

Surgery was scheduled for the following day to remove a tumor from my abdomen and we couldn’t believe what was happening. One week later, a follow up surgery was performed and four days after that, I was diagnosed with incurable Stage IV cancer. Then, I was told I needed to begin chemotherapy immediately to have any chance at all of surviving.

Finally, to add insult to injury, the day after I last saw Mom, while sitting in the chemo chair, I was told Mom had had a stroke and would be gone soon. Several hours later, she passed away with her two sons by her side, holding her hands. Her medical issues were terrible for her and even though we miss her horribly, we know she is not suffering any longer and is with God and at peace.

+     +     +

 I would like to say that my sister has completely recovered from her cancer and we are finally settled in our new home, but we can’t believe what a year 2019 was and are grateful it is over. Through everything I went through though, God was by my side and I can see his blessings every step of the way. To update my status, the following is a post from my blog on August 16, 2020, titled “Standing in Faith is a Glorious Place to Be!”.

“One year ago, today, after two significant surgeries a week apart and two weeks in the hospital, I was diagnosed with “Incurable Stage IV Cancer” and was given an expiration date. I was told, if I wanted any chance at all of extending that date, I would need to immediately begin chemotherapy treatments, continuing every other week for the rest of my life. So, the first thing I did was ask God for His grace and form a powerful prayer circle.

When faced with the reality of my predicament, the decision was easy and within a few weeks I began chemotherapy. However, chemo was extremely hard on my body and the side effects hurt me badly. I made it through eleven treatments, with occasional breaks to recover from low white blood cell counts and other damage to my body, but soon realized it would take a tougher person than me to survive the harsh chemical infusions every other week for the predicted three to five years.

I talked with all the people involved, my husband and son, my family and friends, my Oncology team, and I am grateful everyone supported me in the decision to stand in my faith and choose quality of life over an unknown quantity and guaranteed suffering. My last chemo session was February 26th and the great news I want to celebrate today is my latest CT Scan shows no visible signs of cancer and my status has been revised to “No Evidence of Disease” or “In Remission.”

I want to share my good news with the world and give God the glory for my unexpected remission and say, “Prayers work!” I don’t know what my future holds, but I look at each day as a precious gift and am completely at peace. From the first second I heard the diagnosis, I never felt fear and often said, “Only God knows my numbers,” when told how dire things were. Thank you so very much to everyone who prayed for me over the last year and continue to, your support means everything! Thank you, God, in Jesus name!”

+     +     +

“‘Daughter,’ he said to her, ‘Your faith has made you well. Go in peace.’” Luke 8:48, NLT

Heart Seasons: A Journey of Miracles
A spiritual fiction novel inspired by real life events is available HERE.

Heart Seasons Second Edition

Dianna’s Easy Real Food Recipes

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s