I’d like to share my little bit of everything green drink. It’s not the prettiest color, but it’s packed with nutrients. Frozen mixed berries, raw spinach, a frozen banana, coconut water, pea and quinoa protein powder and an organic super greens powder with wheat grass, kale, moringa and spirulina.
The hydrating coconut water is low in calories and fat free with plenty of potassium. The greens and berries contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that can boost the immune system. And adding the protein powder makes the drink a more filling and well-balanced snack or meal.
THE HEALTHY SUPER INGREDIENTS
First, add the organic coconut water to the bottom of the blender. Then, add the organic powders. Adding them directly to the coconut water helps the powders dissolve. Next, add the organic frozen mixed berries and break the frozen banana into pieces and add it.
Finally, add the organic raw spinach. Blend thoroughly, stopping once or twice to make sure the spinach leaves have blended well. Then, pour into two tall glasses and serve with a straw. I use paper or compostable straws.
These are the powders I prefer for this drink. One is Amazing Grass Organic Supergreens Powder with wheat grass, kale, moringa and spirulina. The other is Better Body Foods Organic Plant Protein with pea and quinoa. It’s soy, gluten and dairy free.
Maintaining a good quality whole foods diet, getting enough sleep and getting regular physical activity are important to good health. This drink is a weekly regular in my healthy lifestyle plan.
Mixed Berry & Spinach Green Drink for Two
- 1 11.1 FL Oz Container of Plain Organic Coconut Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Organic Mixed Frozen Berries
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 2 Servings of a Plant Based Protein Powder (I Use Better Body Foods Organic Pea and Quinoa Protein Powder)
- 2 Servings of a Mixed Green Powder (I Use Amazing Grass Organic Supergreens)
- 2 Cups Raw Organic Spinach
- Pour the container of coconut water into the bottom of a blender.
- Add the protein powder and the super green powder to the blender. Adding the powders directly to the coconut water helps them dissolve.
- Add the mixed berries to the blender.
- Break up the frozen banana and add it to the blender.
- Add the raw spinach to the blender last.
- Blend all the ingredients thoroughly, stopping once or twice to make sure the spinach leaves have blended well.
- Pour into two tall glasses and serve with a paper or compostable straw. Enjoy!
DIANNA’S EASY REAL FOOD RECIPES – easyrealfoodrecipes.com