This protein and nutrient rich chicken salad bowl is the simple second meal from my Chicken Salad Meal Prep Recipe. I made two portions, using the first one immediately and keeping the second portion tightly sealed in the fridge for use the next day. Check out my Meal Prep Recipes or Intentional Leftovers? post and decide if the meal prep concept might be helpful for your meal planning.
I often use ingredients from a previous meal along with items from my fridge and pantry to create new meals. I like to keep food preparation as easy and healthy as possible. In the past, I would spend hours making almost everything from scratch, but I don’t mind taking a little help from the grocery store now. Whenever possible I make sure ingredients are organic.
THE SIMPLE CHICKEN SALAD BOWL INGREDIENTS
The second portion of my meal prep chicken salad serves two. I just divided the salad in half and placed it in pasta bowls on a bed of spinach. Then surrounded it with veggies I had on hand. I always have slicing cucumbers and organic dill pickles in the fridge and had just purchased these adorable little heirloom tomatoes. ak-mak sesame crackers made with organic whole wheat flour are the perfect side.
Cucumbers contain a variety of important nutrients like vitamin C, magnesium and potassium, as well as antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Browse my Cucumbers are Healthy and Refreshing post for nutritious information about cucumbers.
Simple Chicken Salad and Veggie Bowl
- 2 Servings of the Base Chicken Salad Recipe (Recipe Link in the Description Above)
- 1/2 Slicing Cucumber, Sliced (Or English Cucumber)
- 1 Cup Fresh Raw Spinach
- 4 Organic Dill Pickles
- 8 Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes (Or Regular Cherry Tomatoes)
- 4 ak-mak Sesame Crackers (Or Any Cracker You Have on Hand)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Flaky Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Divide the spinach in half and place on the bottom of a pasta bowl or on a plate.
- Divide the chicken salad in half and place on the spinach.
- Sprinkle ground black pepper over the chicken salad.
- Slice the cucumber and place the slices along the side of the chicken salad.
- Sprinkle the cucumber slices with a little flaky sea salt.
- Place the tomatoes and dill pickles around the side of the salad.
- Slide two ak-mak crackers in the back of each bowl and Enjoy!
DIANNA’S EASY REAL FOOD RECIPES – easyrealfoodrecipes.com