The trendy toast recipes we see everywhere now are a pleasure to look at and the options seem endless. I’ve done something similar for a while as a way of managing the quantity of grains in my diet, but mine were not nearly as creative. I use whole grain bread and limit the amount to half of what I previously used. One slice of bread instead of two is just as satisfying with all the Real Food toppings.
Simply load up on fruits, veggies, protein or good quality fat to create a healthy balanced breakfast or snack or even a dessert. This time I used my favorite multi-grain bread for the toast, then spread on some organic ricotta cheese, followed by a generous drizzle of Pure Natural Oregon Wildflower Honey from Lee Farms in Tualatin. Next, I added chunks of fresh pineapple and a sprinkle of organic cinnamon.
THE REAL FOOD TROPICAL TOAST INGREDIENTS
To prepare, begin by toasting your choice of bread perfectly. Let it cool for a few minutes so the cheese doesn’t melt, then liberally spread the ricotta over each piece of toast. Next drizzle the local honey over the ricotta, lay down several chunks of fresh pineapple, sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy! The flavors are wonderful together, making this a delightful tropical breakfast, snack or dessert.
Fresh pineapple has been featured at our neighborhood grocery store for a couple of weeks now and since I enjoy Eating the Seasons, we’ve been eating lots of pineapple. I love going to the produce section of the market and looking for something fresh and different to include in our Easy Real Food Meals.
See my Pineapple, the Rich Juicy Tropical Fruit post for some of the benefits of eating pineapple.
Tropical Pineapple, Ricotta & Honey Toast
- 2 Slices Multi-Grain Bread (I like La Brea Bakery Whole Grain Loaf)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Pineapple Chunks
- 1/4 Cup Organic Ricotta Cheese (My Choice is Simple Truth Organic with Organic Whey, Organic Milk, Organic Cream, Organic Vinegar, Salt)
- 2 Tablespoons Local Honey (I Love Pure Natural Oregon Wildflower Honey from Lee Farms in Tualatin Oregon)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Organic Cinnamon (I Use Simply Organic Cinnamon)
- Begin by toasting your choice of bread perfectly. This is the time to be a perfectionist.
- Let the toast cool for a few minutes so the cheese doesn’t melt, then liberally spread the organic ricotta over each piece.
- Next generously drizzle local honey over the ricotta.
- Then lay down several chunks of fresh pineapple, enough to cover the toast.
- Sprinkle with organic cinnamon and Enjoy!
DIANNA’S EASY REAL FOOD RECIPES – easyrealfoodrecipes.com